Good Morning Gorgeous,
It’s a brand new day. A fresh new start. A new day to rise and revel in the power of Jesus.
Today’s choice of name of Jesus comes from my daughter Nia..
As she was falling asleep last night she told me, “Mommy, Jesus heals our boo-boos. Jesus heals people.”
And as I fell asleep next to her, I began thinking about her statement. I was thinking about what she said and started to think about bible verses about Jesus being our healer. There are so many! He healed again and again as He walked the earth, and testimonies of His healing are recorded in the New Testament.
Again, this name of Jesus actually starts in the Old Testament prophecies. Our healing would begin with His sacrifice. It was planned long before His birth that He would be our Healer.
Soak this passage in…
Isaiah it states that:
Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins!
But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.
All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.
Isaiah 53:4-6 NLT
Jesus took the weight of all our sin and all of mankind’s rejection of God’s best plans for them and He bore it on the cross. He dealt with the sins that harden our hearts and manifest as pain.
He was wounded for our healing. And at the cross, he conquered both sin and death. He said, “It is finished.” The curse canceled, death no longer holding the people of God captive.
In many cases, when Jesus encountered someone who needed healed, we read that He deals with a different issue first other than the physical healing, and then He heals their bodies. He is concerned with all of their needs. He wants to heal the condition of their heart so that the healing manifests for all of eternity.
There is a pattern that emerges in both the Old and the New Testament regarding healing. Jesus often heals their heart, their fears, or their sin, AND then heals their bodies. Story after story of healing by Jesus starts with an exchange between Jesus and the one He is healing with a conversation where Jesus deals with other things first and then heals.
Jesus desires total healing for us. He is concerned with soul healing and reconciliation to God AND the healing of our physical bodies. As I studied the Bible for verses on healing, many times sin healing is mentioned prior to or alongside of physical healing.
Here is an example in Psalms:
He forgives all your sins! And heals all your diseases. How amazing that God heals the eternal state of our soul. He makes us healed and whole. He forgives our sins and shortcomings and weaknesses and falls and His healing is eternal and forever! We will close our eyes here on earth and open them with Jesus. For the follower of Jesus Christ, death has NO power.
And who is healing for? Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord with faith in Jesus Christ will be saved. Everyone.
What type of healing is available through Jesus?
1. Forgiveness of sins and healing of our heart. Repent and confess faith in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins and you will saved.
2. Emotional Healing of our spirit. Jesus can touch every hurt and pour a salve of healing into every heartbreak we’ve experienced. We are healed and whole because of Him.
3. Healing of our thinking. We can be healed from destructive beliefs about ourselves, about God, and about others. We can be washed by the reading of the Word. We are literally healed by reading the Bible. The Bible cleanses and renews our minds.
4. Healing from attacks of the enemy and demonic oppression. Satan and demons are real. They are spoken of all through the Bible. However, we don’t have to live in fear. Jesus has already triumphed over them at the cross. He can drive away anything that comes against your spirit. He is the healer of ALL things that oppress and attack His people.
5. Healing in our physical bodies. Jesus STILL performs miracles and manifests His healing powers in people’s bodies. He still opens blind eyes, still causes the deaf to hear, the sick to be made well, and even the dead to rise. These miracles are still happening in the name of Jesus across the globe. I heard an awesome message on the radio about healing and miracles. Someone asked, “Why don’t I see blind eyes open and deaf ears hear?” And the person asked, “How many blind eyes and deaf ears have you laid hands on and prayed for in faith?” The answer for most of us would be “few, if any.” Jesus said we have not because we don’t ask. He also said that because of the Helper, the Holy Spirit that we would be able to do when GREATER miracles than He did. Those are Jesus’s words! His promise! By His name, We can be healed.
6. And ULTIMATELY, Jesus heals us and cancels the finality of death. We don’t stay in our sick and dying bodies. We are resurrected to life where we are FOREVER healed and in the Presence of God.
Jesus is our Healer. He is our Healer of ALL things.. our temporary afflictions are healed by Him and our eternal state is secure with Him.
I believe it was very intentional that Luke writes that Jesus healed ALL of their diseases. When a crowd came to Jesus at sundown, shortly after His public ministry began, the Bible says that He healed them ALL.
Friends. ALL. All who appeared to Him and showed up that day were healed. All. And the same is true to today. All who call on the name of the Lord will be healed. He wants no one to perish. No not one.
But just as the people had to come to Jesus in faith for healing, so too Jesus is healing all who call on Him in faith today. We have to recieve the free gift of salvation by faith in Jesus. When we confess Him as Christ, repent of our sins, and trust in Him, we become a brand new creation. The old sinful nature is gone, and we have a new identity in Christ. We have a spirit that has come alive unto Christ and will live on for Eternity with Him. So that even when we die here on earth, we are healed for all of eternity!
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for healing us completely, mind, body, and soul. Thank You for healing our hearts and cleansing us of all sin. Thank You for removing every barrier that stood between us and You. Thank You for promising to heal us and for setting us free from sin that so easily ensnared us. Thank You for being concerned about every area of our lives. Lord, we cry out for Your healing to manifest in every crevice of our heart. We pray that we can be healed and walk completely free, healed, and restored so that we can walk out our full destiny in Christ Jesus. Lord, heal and reveal to us our assignments from heaven so we can advance Your Kingdom. In Jesus’s name, Amen.
Blessings and Healing through Jesus!
Vanessa Lynn and Nia Grace